Friday, October 19, 2012

MoF: Finished Tote

As predicted, the deadline of my friend's birthday has seen me finish the new 
tote first in my MoF (Month of Finishing). 


I've made the straps longer this time so that it can be worn across 
the body as well as on the shoulder. It's also a bit longer than my 
last effort to suit the line of the longer straps.


Another first (for me) is attaching the magnetic clasp. I followed Nikki's most 
excellent tutorial on You Sew Girl, but I think I need a bit more practice at 
getting it to sit flat and firm against the fabric... Can you see how it's pulling 
away slightly in the top photo? I should have used a hammer ;)


And once again I've gone for the boxed corners... because I like them :)


So, that's one item ticked in my Month of Finishing. Thanks for all your lovely 
supportive comments on my last post. It's good to know I'm not the only one :)

Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. A good finish, I really like the way it's turned out and the boxed corners. I have yet to try magnetic clasps..they're really handy though on bags I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a boxed corner too! Beautiful work! P x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous, Kylie. I am sure you will have one happy friend! I on the otherhand haven't tocked anything off...just keep adding things on...grrr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's stunning! i really love your bags xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the print and the little inside pocket too! What a very lucky friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! The lining is great, too. Magnetic clasps are easier than they seem, in the actual installation steps, but they are definitely trickier than they seem when it comes to perfecting them. I have yet to do so, but I also haven't had one rip out, so I guess that's doing ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the bag's gorgeous and looks super professsional to me, I can't see that 'pulling' you are talking about. Happy weekend Kylie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work once again! And yay for finishing something off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE! What a great combo for colour and print. Clasp looks fine for to me! Nothing like a deadline to move things along hey?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just adore your aesthetic so much. The colors and textures are fab. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lucky friend i say! love this bag and i really dont think the clasp is a problem. i wouldnt have noticed anything if you hadnt mentioned it. looks like your month is going well on the productivity front. love the sweet pin cushion below too - nice colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another stunning bag!! Best luck with your Month of Finishing.xx

    ReplyDelete