Thursday, November 15, 2012

Creative Space: Embroidered Tote

You may remember from ages ago some fabric that I was working on...
layering and embroidering, playing until it felt right. Well, I've finally 
finished it and have made it up into a tote for my shop.



I decided to use a black linen for the backing and it has an internal pocket
for keys and phones and things.




I'm trying to build up the stock for my shop, hoping that will make a difference.
I went to an Etsy shop critique meeting at the last Finders Keepers Market
and one of the things suggested to me was to build my numbers... apparently 
having 12 items in your shop is a magic number to being noticed ;)

There's loads going on with the My Creative Space and A Month Of memes over 
at Kidspot. Pop over there to find more creative spaces and join in the fun :)

17 comments:

  1. The touch of embroidery finishes off the bag perfectly. Love the intricate detail of the black too. Kicking myself I didn't see your giveaway until now - it was a really amazing piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The highlights of embroidery look amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that subtle texture is just perfect. really gorgeous work! :)sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I love the colours and embroidery. Cx

    ReplyDelete

  5. loving the subtleties of this one beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is such a beautiful tote, Kylie. Adding the black embroidery is just genius...works so well. Am sure it will be snapped up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is truly stunning Kylie. True freakster stuff xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! The colours, the embroidery, just beautiful. Wishing you a wonderful Friday.
    Steph :)
    thisbrownwren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment! :)
    Your bag is a-maz-ing!!!!!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the embroidery! Hope building up your stock works... I sure it will :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much beautiful detail & colour - such an exceptional piece of work. It's no wonder it sold so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! It lends itself so beautifully to the extra embroidered texture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful. I love the detailing.

    ReplyDelete