Thursday, March 14, 2013

Creative Space: Pouf

I've wanted to make one of these for ages. I did start once with normal yarn but quickly 
gave that up as a joke when I realised I need about a hundred balls to finish the project ;) 
But where to find nice chunky yarn? Well, recycled t-shirt fabric with the strangely 
culinary name of Zpagetti of course!



It started off well - once you get used to the necessary hand aerobics -  and was 
surprisingly quick too. I finished it in two days and the only time I'm getting to crochet 
at the moment is during a couple of TV watching hours each night... ie it takes 
no time at all.

 


So, the body is done and the little lid. All I have to do now is make the filling and 
le pouf will be finished.

My other Creative Space news is I've started work on Maze & Vale's
Handprinted Fabric Swap but unfortunately botched it up somehow... I'm not even
sure how actually, it just printed up with so many blotches. Anyway, I shall soldier
on with this one. I have a couple of theories to try out.


Hope you've had a great week? See more creative spaces at Kirsty's.

9 comments:

  1. Nice pouf! Do you like to work with Zpagetti?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I have a big role of grey Zpagetti but I am finding it very hard to work with. Any tips???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin the pouf too. Can't wait to see it stuffed!

    It may not be perfect, but I think there's life in those prints yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly .. I love the imperfections Kylie. Maybe they're more pronounced than is evident here on my screen but even that appeals to me. The pouf is gorgeous. Reminds me of one I hand-crocheted in many colours of thick wool back in the 70s and it also incorporated twine to bulk it out. Took forever. 'Forever' seemed to be a much shorted period of time when I was young(er).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of the pouf! And, honestly? I kind of like the "blotches." I do know, though, that it's easier to love imperfections in others' work than in your own. At least, that's the case for me. But I'm liking the blotches, it's not a total wash in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour of your pouf, I look forward to seeing it in all of its glory. What are you going to stuff it with?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your site! You will be in our prayers and thoughts! Nice and informative post
    on this topic thanks for sharing with us.Thank you
    epoxy coatings
    glue removal
    floor levelling
    Polished concrete sydney
    concrete repairs
    concrete coatings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will agree with the rest before me Kylie- I like the imperfections!
    And I am so impressed with the pouf. You are becoming so proficient at this.
    Amazing!xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg stunning, really, blotches? gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete