Thursday, November 7, 2013

Made by Hand: Zpagetti bag

I found some sumptuously chunky wool in my stash the other day, and while I should have 
been doing a million other things I couldn't resist hooking up ;) Utilising some leftover denim 
zpagetti as well, I decided I definitely needed a big chunky (stylish) shopper in my life...







The denim is looking decidedly more grey than it actually is in these photos, but using the 
zpagetti is actually a fantastic happy coincidence because it's so strong!

And, just in case you're wondering about the size, when I said 'big' I really meant 'huge'...
it's gigantic :)





Wondering if I should do up a pattern for my Etsy store (which is so dull these days I'm 
considering dropping it all together actually). Anyway, patterns seem to be the way to go
lately with all the changes going on at Etsy... what do you think?


p.s. I'm playing along with Christina's Made by Hand meme today - pop over to see more 
handmade goodies.

16 comments:

  1. Great job on the bag! Oddly enough I made a huge bag with thick chunky wool (to keep more wool in), but it was honestly so ugly that I knit it into the rug instead. Now I love it! (that's the rug that I linked up with Christina's link party). Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I have been so lax in my Etsy-ing that I am barely aware of the changes. I can never keep up with them anyway! A few are nice, but they require me to do more work. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gretchen :) Yes, there's so much to do and then we have to find the time to actually make things too! haha Kx

      Delete
  3. It's watermelon big! Love the bag - the colours are great together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea! Yep I think a pattern would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant. You have such super style.

    ... but thinking is beyond me at this particular time in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the change in texture and the ripple effect!
    Etsy changes? .....do what's right for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its fantastic. And I think you are so clever to crochet whatever you think of!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the chunkiness kylie! don't give up on etsy, is it the inclusion of manufactured product that bothers you? they're aren't going to let big businesses on there flogging their wares...i hope ;-) people will always come to etsy for handmade goodness i'm sure, and you're so good at it! x

    ReplyDelete