Thursday, November 22, 2012

Creative Space: Matching Blankets

There's a lot going on at the moment and I haven't been a good blogger, or IGer or 
anything-er really. One thing I do have to show though is a work in progress. My 
sister-in-law is having a baby really really soon and I've been steadily working on 
matching mumma-bubba blankets for them both... and this is what I've come up with...


As you can guess, she loves blues. The trick was to come up with matching designs 
that were nonetheless distinctly adult and child versions. I'm a big fan of Lucy's ripple
so I went for an ombré effect for the adult one and candy stripes for the child.

(The ombré blanket has been folded up which is why those ridges are there)


I haven't finished the baby blanket yet (have to get more of the navy wool today) but 
I'm hoping that they'll both be done and ready for posting as soon as the baby arrives.


I've just realised this photo is the back of the work, but you get the idea ;)
I'm so nervous about whether she'll like it or not... here's hoping...


I've also made her a portable change mat out of Marimekko oilcloth, that 
fabulous big flower design of theirs, again in the blues. You might have
seen this pic on my IG a couple of weeks ago...

(night photos... sorry!)


Hope you've had a wonderfully creative week. It's such a busy time of year, 
isn't it? You can see more creative spaces here.

22 comments:

  1. that has to be the coolest change mat i ever saw! and your ripples are beautiful, what wonderful gifts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is one lucky woman! seeing the progress of the big blanket has really made me desperate to make one.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous blankets and change mat..she should love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how can she not love these?! thoughtful and beautiful heart-felt gifts. wanna be my sister inlaw? : )

    ps i spotted your work over on tamara maynes blog today; tamaramaynes-latest.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. She will love them, what thoughtful presents :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is no doubt that she will love them all.
    Especially if she loves blue - they are beautiful Kylie!!

    (ps. I'm from Pukekohe!)
    *couldn't reply to your comment on my post

    ReplyDelete
  7. How could she not love it? Being wrapped up in someone elses Love when you have just had a baby is really food for the soul. Just what every one needs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kylie they are both beautiful, both beautiful together and each to their own.
    She will be beside herself! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous ripples and colours, I think they are both very lovely, Kylie! Exciting times:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you've been putting your time being "er"less to good use...these are both beautiful, Kylie. Am sure they will be treasured for ever x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous Kylie!! That's one lucky mum & bubba!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She will love it!!! There is NO doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. they are really beautiful together; she must be a lucky mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful beautiful colours and blankets!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kylie, your cleverness has no bounds. such beautiful colour combos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm soooooo jealous of your lovely crochet! Beautiful colours and a lovely match. Gorgeous gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a beautiful gift. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh Kylie, what a darling matching set! i think you created a winning combo for sure :) the change mat is a beaut too, i bet there'll be some really BIG smiles all around when these gifts are given. well done! hope you're having a great week - i sure have been feeling that life just takes over and seems to cut us short with not much left over at the end of a day. gaaar, i wish there was one whole week it didn't feel like playing catch up, i feel ya lades! xo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are beautiful and thoughtful gifts. I'm sure she'll love them! So often we forget the new mama while we're focused on the baby--so sweet of you to remember her too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have done yourself and the new mum and bub proud! :)

    ReplyDelete